Thursday, January 22, 2009

Ikea Lamp
Fun with Alcohol Inks!


Ikea Knappa Lamp kit $24.99

In a kit there are 48 of these pieces.


You will need Alcohol Ink I chose these 4 colors but you
can choose and many as you want.
Stream, Meadow, Denim, Stonewashed
You will also need rubber gloves, a 1/4 of a round sponge,
heavy craft paper to cover your work space. You must
work fast the ink dries really fast.




Take you ink bottles and drop large drops of ink onto
your shade pieces. Take you sponge and with an up and down
motion sponge all the colors so that they are all touching
each other.



This is what it will look like after you sponge it.


This is what it looks like dry.
Big change! It's really cool to watch!
I used less than half of a bottle of ink. A little goes a long way!


My inspiration was beach glass. I love the look
of beach glass in a vase and wanted that look.
This hangs to the left of my craft desk over my palm tree.


This is what it looks like with the lights off.
I'm very happy with the way it turned out.


So in a little over an hour of inkin' fun I now have a
really fun lamp. I really like how it turned out!


Less than 2 hours to complete, less than $40
Really cool fun lamp!

Happy Stampin'
Amanda










7 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow, how creative! Looks great. :)

Unknown said...

Yay for IKEA! :P (Im from Sweden...)

And you did a great jon on that lamp. Very creative indeed.

Susan (peebsmama) said...

How clever of you to alter a lamp shade. This is very creative.

Stamp Maryland said...

Turned out great Amanda!

Tracy

Jetstudio Designs said...

What a great lamp, that is such a cool idea.

I really like the colors that you used!

~ j said...

wow! you are so creative! i would have never thought to do that... love it!

Jennette Warren said...

How Fabulous! TFS!